The Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join our Information Security team. The Information Security Analyst I works closely with Bank management and members of the Information Security Department to execute a Bank wide information security management program. This position is responsible for identifying, evaluating, and reporting on information security risks in a manner that meets compliance and regulatory requirements, and aligns with and supports the risk posture of the enterprise.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or abilities required of persons so classified. The Bank reserves the right to alter or amend this description at any time.
- Monitor the effectiveness of enterprise information security management program to ensure that the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information is owned, controlled or processed by the organization. This includes monitoring metrics, such key risk indicators, management action plans, and other reports to identify risks and breakdowns in processes and/or controls in addition to evaluating the effectiveness of management action plans.
- Assist with the development, training, and dissemination of security policies.
- Execute training awareness campaigns in alignment with the Information Security Training Plan.
- Perform the information security vendor due diligence process in support of the Vendor Management Policy.
- Manage the maintenance and updating of the data classification schedule to ensure accuracy and completeness of the inventory.
- Identify incidents through monitoring of the Bank’s Data Loss Protection systems.
- Identify non-compliance through monitoring of the Bank’s user access activities.
- Assist in identifying Information Security control gaps.
- Collaborate with the second and third line of defense as needed.
- Intelligence Gathering – Utilizes cyber intelligence methodology to gather data and share that information with others.
- Analyze security information – The ability to review and independently assess outputs from security reports and make independent recommendations to Bank management.
FHLBank of Indianapolis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, information security or equivalent work experience.
- Two years minimum prior experience in information security, information systems audit, information systems risk management, information technology or other related positions.
- Achieved or are in pursuit of Information Security Certifications such as CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) or CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control) or equivalent are preferred.
- Understanding of current Information Security theory, frameworks, and industry best practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of staff in a professional/tactful manner.
- Knowledge and experience in information security risk management, standards, and practices.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines while simultaneously managing multiple projects.
- Ability to create, edit, format and publish documents in Microsoft Office Products. Experience in utilizing Governance, Risk and Compliance software platforms is a plus.
- Must not have been convicted on any civil or criminal charge that would suggest a risk to Bank security.
- Ability to work full time.
- Ability to uphold and model the bank’s guiding principles.