|Job type||Full Time|
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
This position conducts quality assurance on all open ﬁeld records and case management. Conducts fact ﬁndings and/or information interviews for STI's. Follows up with clients to ensure they are receiving proper care. Counsels individuals on prevention of sexually transmitted infections. Writes informational reports and researches information as requested or needed.
This position requires a valid Texas Driver's Class C License, and is required at the time of hire and maintain during employment, as required by position. This position must travel between various locations as a part of the regular job duties and the individual may be required to drive a City vehicle. A driving record veriﬁcation will be conducted. External New Hires must meet the City of Austin's Driver Record Evaluation ( DRE ) requisite. To be considered for a driving position, applicants cannot have more than three moving violations or a total of six Driver Record Evaluation points within a period of thirty-six (36) months.
When completing the City of Austin employment application :
• A detailed, complete COA employment application is required. It helps us to better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position.
• Please be sure to detail on the application all previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
• A cover letter is required. In the cover letter candidates should describe, in concise detail, their interest in this position and highlight any prior experience that is relevant to this position.
• A résumé is also required, but will not substitute for a complete COA employment application.
• When completing the City of Austin employment application, Work experience listed must include month, year and a verifiable Supervisor or Human Resources phone number. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Each individual who submits an Application as provided in the Municipal Civil Service Rules and meet the Minimum Qualifications for a Competitive Position shall be considered a Candidate for that Position. Employees, in Good Standing, who are Candidates within the Department or division that the Position resides in and who meet the Minimum and Preferred Qualifications (if any) of the Position will be included in the initial interview.
If you are selected to interview:
• Military/Veterans must provide a copy of their DD214 at the time of initial interview to receive military/veteran interview preference
• This position will require a pre-employment Criminal Background Investigation ( CBI ).
•If you are identified as a top candidate, verification of your education, which may include High School graduation or GED , undergraduate and/or graduate degrees, will be required.
•All Austin Public Health work site locations are tobacco-free. Use of tobacco products and/or e-cigarettes is not permitted on any APH work site - including parking lots, garages or in any personal vehicle located on the premises.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
Please note that the Department may close the job posting at any time after 7 days.
$19.72 - $25.15
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, hours may vary
Job Close Date
Type of Posting External
Department Austin Public Health
Grant Funded or Pooled Position Not Applicable
Location RBJ 15 Waller ST
Preferred Qualifications Two years of Disease Intervention Specialist ( DIS ) experience
Advanced skills in public health investigation interviewing techniques
One year of quality assurance experience in public health follow up investigations.
One year of phlebotomy experience
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
Investigate, locate, interview, and link out of care HIV positive individuals to appropriate medical care and other services.
Coordinate aspects of investigations with other agencies/personnel.
Train and monitor less experienced personnel in the conducting of an investigation.
Counsel individuals on prevention of sexually transmitted diseases e.g. venereal diseases, AIDS , etc.
Follow-up with clients to insure they are receiving proper care.
Refer citizens to appropriate agency or program.
Answer citizen questions & provide assistance.
Conduct investigations on the origin, nature, etc. of epidemiological diseases.
Perform phlebotomy and specimen collection
Counsel physicians, laboratories, clinics, etc. about disease reporting requirements.
Research/compile data/information and submit written reports.
Assist in statistical and data analysis to identify health inequities and disparities.
Provide quality assurance (QA) duties as assigned by supervisor, and as needed.
Some positions may require employee to meet patients at home, work or elsewhere to perform testing or conducting interviews, as needed.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Criminal Background Investigation This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
The City of Austin will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation. In addition, the City will not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of an individual's AIDS , AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; nor will the City discriminate against individuals who are perceived to be at risk of HIV infection, or who associate with individuals who are believed to be at risk.
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* The minimum qualification for this position is Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university Plus two (2) years of experience in public health outreach/investigation or related field, one (1) year of which must have been working directly as an HIV/STD Disease Intervention Specialist. Related experience may substitute for required education with a maximum substitution of four (4) years. Do you meet the minimum qualifications for this position?
(Open Ended Question)
* In the prior twelve months have you been employed by, owned any interest in, or been an officer or board member, for any business entity, including a non-profit organization, that is transacting any business with the City of Austin, including a recipient of any contracts, grants, or any funds of any kind from the City of Austin?
(Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Cover Letter Resume Optional Documents
|Employer||City of Austin, TX|