|Job type||Full Time|
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
Notes to Applicants
The IT Business System Analyst will assist IT customers with continuous hardware request, tracking and lifecycle management of technology hardware assets. Position is also responsible for monitoring and analysis of vendor metrics related to risk, performance and contract compliance. Other responsibilities include, hardware contracts monitoring as well as continuous engagement with vendors and stakeholders. This position will drive innovation and improvements beyond basic hardware request and procurement functions and the delivery of strategic value by optimizing asset management, vendor relationships and accountability.
WHEN COMPLETING THE CITY OF AUSTIN APPLICATION :
The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history. A detailed and complete employment application is required to help us better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Describe your specific experience for each position. Include all job duties, responsibilities, and employment dates. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history.
Resumes will not be accepted. Statements such as "see resume" will not be accepted. You may use "N/A" for fields that are not applicable. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your employment application. Supplemental information or changes to your application will not be accepted after the job posting closes.
The responses to the supplemental questions must reference the employment history listed in the employment history section. Once the requisition has closed, the application cannot be changed to update work history, supplemental questions, or any other information.
We reserve the right to verify high school and college education for the top candidate(s).
If you have any questions regarding your City of Austin employment application, please use the official website of the City of Austin as reference, www.austintexas.gov.
VETERAN INTERVIEW PREFERENCE :
Military/Veterans must provide a copy of their DD214 verifying honorable discharge, at the time of initial interview to receive military/veteran interview preference.
CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK :
The top candidate will be subject to a minimum 10 year criminal history background check.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT :
This position is classified as EXEMPT and may require to work additional hours outside of the normal schedule to include nights, weekends, and /or holidays.
If you are selected for this position, and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program,
you may drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties.
Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE :
For this position related experience includes:
Information Technology Vendor Relations
Review of Vendor Portfolios
Government Purchasing Cooperatives
Government Financial, Purchasing & Vendor Portals
Monday through Friday.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. - 40 Hour Work Week.
Additional work hours may be required to support the 24-hour Utility operations, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, inclement weather and emergency closures.
Job Close Date 11/01/2020
Type of Posting External
Department Austin Energy
Grant Funded or Pooled Position Not Applicable
Location 2500 Montopolis Dr., Austin, Texas 78741
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Meet with decision makers, system owners and end users to define business, financial and operations requirements and systems goals
2. Assist with requirements gathering sessions to elicit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to potential IT solutions
3. Create models, use cases, process flows, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to developers, designers, and vendors
4. Assist with converting requirements into developing a statement of work for use in requests for proposals
5. Evaluate compatibility and interoperability of commercial off-the-shelf or in-house technology systems
6. Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and assist with developing strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
7. Perform cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in making IT business decisions
8. Conduct research on software and hardware products and technology services to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
9. Write and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT applications across the organization
10. Coordinate and perform tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, training and other post-implementation support
Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Knowledge of concepts and principles of application programming, database and system design including Internet, and network architectures
• Knowledge of legacy, and web-based systems interfaces
• Knowledge of importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts
• Knowledge of cost-benefit analysis and total cost of ownership modeling
• Skill in performing requirements development, process modeling, reporting and project management tools
• Skill in developing process models and data flow diagrams using industry-standard modeling techniques
• Skill in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new concepts
• Ability to accurately identify/determine customer needs and take appropriate actions and/or steps to address identified needs
• Ability to recognize, value, and include different perspectives, experiences, approaches, and cultures in achieving organizational goals
• Ability to gain and maintain the trust and confidence of others and the organization through consistency and reliability
• Ability to give, receive, or share thoughts, ideas, perspective, and data to create shared understanding
• Ability to define, analyze, and find solutions for difficult or complex problems
• Ability to view the big picture
• Ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies
• Ability to identify trends as well as isolated events
Criminal Background Investigation This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Do you meet the minimum qualifications for this position? • Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job. • Experience may substitute for education for up to (4) years
(Open Ended Question)
* Describe your experience working with ServiceNow, Maximo, Databases and Excel and reporting, graphs and flow charts.
(Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
|Employer||City of Austin, TX|