Make a difference in the lives of others by helping give the gift of sight!
Lions VisionGift (LVG) is a nonprofit eye bank that obtains, evaluates and distributes eye tissue donated by caring individuals for use in cornea transplantation, research, and education. Since 1975, our organization has helped over 30,000 individuals receive sight-restoring transplants.
Please visit www.visiongift.org for more information on our organization.
The Database Architect works as a developer for LVG's proprietary InSight database system (built in FileMaker Pro) and PowerBI/SQL system. The developer will work with key stakeholders to predict the complexity of feature requests, build new features, and maintain the system such that uptime and reliability is maximized. A key requirement of this position is collaboratively implementing changes and fixes in keeping with our standard processes and requirements in addition to troubleshooting issues.
As a 24/7 operation, LVG may require server maintenance, database updates to the production system and service during off-peak hours.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / ASSIGNED RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Help implement database requirements in FileMaker and integrations between multiple systems.
• Act as a resource to help PowerBI users with technology issues.
• Test products in controlled, real situations before going live with system updates
• Assist with preparation of training documentation for users
• Maintain developed systems in a 24/7 environment.
• Participate in the establishment of corporate-wide applications, facilitate efficient business processes throughout the organization.
• Collaborate and communicate with departments across LVG on all phases of IT related project plans.
• Develop and maintain milestones, timelines, risk mitigation, goals and objectives for assigned projects.
• Monitor the support backlog (JIRA) and address issues as assigned by the IS Manager or the Lead Database Architect.
• Work on project teams to create features as requested by users.
• Provide Management with updates on assigned project activities as necessary or required.
• Ensure the completion of project documentation in compliance with internal procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Coordinate with other respective departments to advance cross functional initiatives.
• Maintain a professional demeanor and interacts well with others.
• Other tasks and functions as assigned
• At least one year of experience developing FileMaker solutions preferred.
• Experience supporting both FileMaker and SQL databases
• Excellent knowledge of relational database development.
• Experience working on a team that follows a standard software development process, such as Agile.
• Experience integrating data from other enterprise software, such as SalesForce, preferred.
• Knowledge of supporting databases in an Azure/cloud environment preferred.
• Understanding of working within a regulated environment. Ideally, one or more of the following regulated environment(s): HIPAA, FDA part 11, HITECH or other related field (e.g. under banking regulations)
•Strong UI/UX skills to design and build clean layouts and forms.
•Understanding of FileMaker Server configuration, management and troubleshooting of server related issues desired.
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Eye for detail and identifying problems
• BS or AS degree in computer science or equivalent training and experience is required.
• FileMaker certification or willingness to get certified within one year.
Lions VisionGift offers a generous benefit package including, but not limited to:
• Medical, dental, and vision employee premiums paid in full;
• Employer-funded HRA;
• $20,000 employer-paid life insurance policy;
• Employer-paid short-term disability;
• Voluntary benefits;
• And more!
Remote interview process