Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a related field, plus three (3) years of experience in construction, engineering, architecture, or related work.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- May require a valid Texas driver license.
Notes to Applicants
POSITION INFORMATION :
This Project Coordinator position is primarily responsible in the coordination and management of bond projects. In addition, this position will assist with the management of a complex building management system overseeing 23 locations. This position includes field work.
DRIVING REQUIREMENT :
This position requires a Texas Class "C" Operator's License or the ability to acquire one by your hire date. External New Hires must meet the City of Austin's Driver Record Evaluation ( DRE ) requisite. To be considered for a driving position, applicants cannot have more than three moving violations or a total of six Driver Record Evaluation points within a period of thirty-six (36) months.
A detailed and complete job application is REQUIRED and helps us to better evaluate your qualifications. In completing your job application please be sure to provide COMPLETE employment history regarding any relevant experience that you wish for us to consider. This information will also be used to determine salary in the event that you are selected for this position.
WORK SCHEDULE :
This position may require working outside of the regular schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays based on operational needs.
This position requires traveling between multiple locations as part of your regular job duties.
All new employees are required to attend City of Austin and Austin Public Library training as scheduled, and should arrange their outside schedules to accommodate training
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Job Close Date
Type of Posting External
Department Austin Public Library
Grant Funded or Pooled Position Not Applicable
Location 635 N. Pleasant Valley Rd., Austin, Texas 78702
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience maintaining mechanical and/or HVAC systems, to include troubleshooting and remote repair.
- Experience with AutoCad, Microsoft Projects, or similar software.
- Experience with Building Automation Systems ( BAS ) design and implementation.
- This position requires a valid Texas Driver's License or the ability to obtain one by the hire date.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Communicates project and/or program information to internal and external customers.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of project and/or program budgets by completing assignments that may include processing a pay application or monitoring and updating the assigned project budget.
- Assists in the development of short- and long-range plans on projects or works on routine projects whereby techniques used are well known and present no unusual engineering problems.
- Assists in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures by providing input as a team member of an established process improvement team.
- Ensures compliance with City and other regulatory agency requirements and policies by verifying that regulatory/permitting processes have been identified and permits or approvals acquired for assigned project.
- Coordinates development/reviews construction or engineering related contracts, contract documents, and Developer Agreements by reviewing preparing and processing project change orders to projects if change orders are appropriate and in compliance or applying technical quality control review.
- Coordinates and evaluates plans, criteria, schedules, etc. for a variety of projects, Programs, and plans or a division and/or section activities.
- Assists in the resolution of conflicts and difficult situations by providing supporting documentation, policies and procedures.
- Develops, maintains, and improves City of Austin design and construction standards.
- Provides technical advice and assistance.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of basic engineering and architectural design principles, practices, procedures, and estimating techniques.
- Knowledge of project accounting, architectural, and construction methods and the principles, methods, and practices of project management.
- Knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, and codes associated with project assignment.
- Knowledge of budget policies and principles.
- Knowledge of contract management principles, methods, and practices.
- Skill in adapting, interpreting, and applying guidelines and standards.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Skill in using available software packages.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy in all public contacts.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate activities between various parties and planning specific aspects of a project.
- Ability to communicate in oral or written format to a variety of audiences.
Criminal Background Investigation This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a related field, plus three (3) years of experience in construction, engineering, architecture, or related work. Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years. Do you meet these minimum qualifications?
- * Briefly describe your work experience In the development and monitoring of project and/or program budgets.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years experience do you have in operations and maintenance budgeting functions including budget development and monitoring, financial forecasts, revenue forecasts, expense budgets, trend analysis and other related operating budget experience?
- Less than 3 years
- 3 to 5 years
- 5 to 7 years
- 7 or more years
- No experience
- * Describe your experience using computer software utilized by the design and construction industry, including AutoCAD, Microsoft Project ,and GIS programs. What is your level of proficiency in each.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience monitoring and troubleshooting Building Automation Systems (BAS). Include your years of experience with BAS and the systems you have worked with.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have reviewing plans for compliance with City, State and Federal laws?
- Less than 1 year
- 1 - 2 years
- 2 - 3 years
- 3 - 4 years
- 4 + years
- * How much experience do you have with the repair and maintenance of HVAC systems?
- Up to 3 years
- 3 to 5 years
- 5years to 7 years
- More than 7 years
- * This position requires a Texas Class "C" Operator's License. Do you have a Texas Class "C" Operator's License or if selected for this position, do you have the ability to acquire a Texas Class "C" Operator's License by your hire date?
- * The City of Austin Driver Eligibility Standards require that External New Hires meet the City's Driver Record Evaluation (DRE) requisite. To be considered for a driving position, applicants cannot have more than three moving violations or a total of six Driver Record Evaluation points within a period of thirty-six (36) months. Do you meet this requirement?
- * If identified as a top candidate, do you agree to a criminal background check (CBI)?
- * My job application is detailed and complete, and I understand that if I am selected as the top candidate for this particular job, my salary will be determined based on the experience submitted on my job application.
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- ResumeOptional Documents