Who We Are:
What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? We are the global leader in standards-aligned digital curriculum resources, engaging content, and professional learning for K-12 classrooms, and we partner with districts, states, and like-minded organizations to provide teachers with customized solutions that support the success of all learners. When you join the Discovery Education team, you become part of a fast-growing global organization that is empowering educators with the digital tools and professional learning they need to connect students to the real-world.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high-energy, purpose-driven work environment — as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. We are an organization focused on diversity and inclusivity that provides opportunities to engage with people from variety of backgrounds. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high-performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
Living Our Values:
Discovery Education is an company that lives and breathes its Values. By doing so, we position our organization to continue leading the education technology world.
INNOVATION: We drive a culture of innovation within our organization and with our partners to prepare leaders of tomorrow.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: We commit to continuous improvement by anticipating and adapting to the changing needs of our partners and the educational landscape.
EMPOWERMENT: We empower all learners by providing highly engaging, relevant experiences our partners trust.
INTEGRITY: We hold ourselves to the highest-standards and conduct ourselves with integrity in all that we do.
COMMUNITY: We connect and support our global community of learners.
INCLUSIVITY: We strive to build a company with people from diverse backgrounds, so we can better enable all learners to reach their highest potential regardless of race, gender, socio-economic standing, sexual orientation, language, ability, location, or technology.
What You’ll Do:
The Partnership Manager, K12 Education, is responsible for the sales and account management efforts for Discovery Education (DE) in an assigned territory in the United States. She/he will demonstrate exceptional product and industry knowledge to effectively position DE products and services as must-have educational solutions for classrooms to contacts at varying professional levels. She/he will work with the Sales Director and team to achieve annual sales objectives while ensuring profitable growth aligned with DE business objectives.
Account Management/Sales Goals
- Conduct prospecting and new business development activity to open opportunities with new schools and districts
- Achieve assigned personal and territory sales objectives
- Maintain, share and track customer information on an on-going basis through customer files, Salesforce, shared drives and web 2.0 applications
- Use a top-down, consultative sales approach to build, maintain & strengthen relationships with all key decision makers and key influences within territory
- Understand goals and objectives for all accounts within assigned territory and have a thorough understanding of where sales opportunities exist (i.e. demographics, education trends, funding, other key external influences)
- Develop proactive approach to territory management, anticipating impact on Discovery Education products resulting from competition, industry trends, etc
- Negotiate proposals and contracts that ensure profitable growth aligned with Discovery Education business objectives
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, organizational, follow-up, consultative sales and presentation skills
- Demonstrate ability when necessary to have difficult conversations with clients
- Travel approximately 40-70% of time (with seasonal variations)
- Manage high outbound activity volume whether traveling or in the office
Product /Industry Knowledge
- Demonstrate exceptional Discovery Education product knowledge to be successful in increasingly competitive environment
- Thoroughly understand deals/rates for all Discovery Education products as well as the overall goals and strategic vision of Discovery Education
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends, current events, product and technology developments by reading professional publications, researching all available resources prospect/product resources and participating in professional organizations
- Understand new technologies and industry trends and be able to speak to how they impact customers and Discovery Education
Team Oriented Environment
- Partner with company personnel (i.e. VP, Sales Director, DEN Account Manager, Marketing, Account Services, Legal, Finance, etc.) to develop strategies to ensure that personal and territory sales goals are met
- Ensure proper implementation of new accounts with Partner Engagement and other post-sales teams
- Build value with customer by implementing strategies to ensure usage of Discovery Education products and services
- Properly merchandise key activities in territory to decision makers
- Communicate territory and pipeline updates with regular cadence to management team
- Proactively share information with department that you’ve learned in the field to support other reps/regions meeting their objectives
- Adhere to budget by managing travel, sales and account management expenses.
Who You Are:
- Professional Experience: Approximately 3-5 years in sales and account management experience with a proven track record of territory management, consultative sales and exceptional client relations
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrable track record of revenue goal/quota achievement
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience
- Technical Skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Self-Motivation and Self-Starter: Driven self-starter with the ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach
- Learning Orientation: Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations
- Focus on Diversity: Have a demonstrated ability to understand, accept and engage with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Sense of Humor: Because we all need to laugh sometimes
- Travel Expectations: Candidate must be willing to travel 40% - 70%
- Legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.