|Job type||Full Time|
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
The Commercial Plan Review Intake Team is seeking a Planner II for the Customer Experience Unit.
The ideal candidate will have a general understanding of the Commercial Plan Review process and will be adept at working with customers to help determine the best course of action when navigating the process of plan submittal.
All interviews for Development Services are currently being conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams.
Only complete applications will be considered. Be sure your employment history on the application includes your past job titles, employment dates, and a detailed summary of your job duties, functions and responsibilities. Although a resume is required please take the time to ensure that the application, on its own represents the best of your history and skills/abilities.
Development Services may close the posting any time after seven days from the initial advertisement. Once a position is closed, no additional applications or application changes will be accepted.
Top candidates will also be required to provide proof of education from an accredited organization, and copies of any professional licenses or certificates listed on the application.
If you are selected for this position, and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program, you may drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.
$22.83 - $29.11
Monday through Friday.
7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Limited Telework Options Available.
This position works primarily from the office.
Job Close Date
Type of Posting Departmental Only
Department Development Services
Grant Funded or Pooled Position Not Applicable
Location 6310 Wilhelmina Delco Dr, Austin, TX 78752
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Researches and reviews urban land development proposals and studies.
2. Reviews preliminary site plans and prepares comments for zoning, land use, annexation, and variance cases. .Studies procedural, ordinance, charter changes to analyze the impact on planning proposals and studies.
3. Meets with and answers questions from citizens, developers, and other city officials by providing technical planning assistance.
4. Prepares reports and make presentations at public hearings regarding land use and other planning related activities.
5. Assists in interpreting, explaining, and enforcing city policies and procedures concerning building and land development codes and specifications.
6. Reviews subdivision plats and site plans for compliance with local regulations and ordinances. Conducts field checks to verify the accuracy of data.
7. Coordinates activities of various planning boards and committees
8. Compiles data and information for reports and cost estimates. Calculates figures for reports.
9. Develops and conducts public information and education programs.
10.Assists with coordinating division/section activities with other city staff and assists in coordinating and conducting meetings between consultants, public, and City staff.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Knowledge of the principles of community and urban planning.
Knowledge of Federal and State laws related to planning and urban development.
Knowledge of planning techniques.
Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
Skill in using computers and related software.
Skill in planning and organizing.
Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
Ability to apply statistical tools to data.
Ability to give public presentations.
Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
Ability to establish and maintaining good working relationships with other City employees and the public.
Criminal Background Investigation This position does not require a Criminal Background Investigation
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* The minimum qualifications for this position are graduation from an accredited four (4) year college with major coursework in Planning, Geography, Social Science, Landscape Architecture, or a planning related field, plus two(2) years of experience in planning related work. Twelve (12) semester hours of relevant graduate college course work may substitute for six months of required experience with a maximum substitution of two (2) years. Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of four (4) years. Do you meet these minimum qualifications?
(Open Ended Question)
* Please choose the statement that best describes your knowledge of the Commercial Plan Review Intake process at the City of Austin.
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Cover Letter Resume Optional Documents
|Employer||City of Austin, TX|