|Job type||Full Time|
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
The Human Resources Department works to position the City of Austin as an employer of choice through balanced, efficient and collaborative strategic partnerships. We support and develop a high performing and diverse workforce that fosters a healthy, safe, respectful and productive work environment for employees and their families, City departments and the community.
This position will help drive City of Austin values and philosophy through training and content development activities that are strategically linked to the organization's mission and vision. The position serves as a team member of the Organizational Development Division in the Human Resources Department. The mission is to improve organizational performance by providing outstanding professionalism and customer service, ongoing needs assessment and skill development training, internal consulting. Training is a key focus of this position.
This position will be instrumental in executing in these key areas:
When completing the City of Austin employment application:
The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history.
Statements such as "see resume" will not be accepted. You may use "N/A" for fields that are not applicable. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your employment application. Supplemental information or changes to your application will not be accepted after the job posting closes.
The responses to the supplemental questions should reference the employment history listed in the employment history section. Once the requisition has closed, the application cannot be changed to update work history, supplemental questions, or any other information. We reserve the right to verify high school and college education for the top candidate(s).
If you are selected as a top candidate:
An assessment(s) may be administered as part of the interview process.
$29.69 - $38.59
Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Job Close Date
Type of Posting External
Department Human Resources
Grant Funded or Pooled Position Not Applicable
Location 5202 East Ben White Blvd., Suite 500, Austin, Texas 78741
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Consults with and coaches City and department executives and managers on organizational development and performance issues.
2. Leads large cross-functional performance improvement projects and initiatives.
3. Leads citywide and department specific needs assessments by conducting research to identify organizational development and performance issues and makes recommendations to city leadership for process improvements based on findings.
4. Leads, coaches, or partners with City leadership to address identified development and performance issues.
5. Utilizes project management techniques to develop, design, and implement performance improvement for individual workgroups, departments and Citywide.
6. Develops and designs evaluation plans for organization development and performance interventions.
7. Provides cross functional and citywide internal consulting, facilitation, and coaching services to executives and managers.
8. Gathers data and needs analysis, development of alternatives, and recommendations.
9. Provides facilitation for City leadership by bringing structure to meetings, coaching participants in their roles and responsibilities so as to achieve defined stakeholder outcomes.
10. Assists in resolving business process, employee performance, employee development and teamwork issues.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide work assignment, leadership, and guidance to others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Knowledge of broad and comprehensive principles, practices, and procedures in analyzing a variety of issues.
Knowledge of public administration, adult learning principles, instructional systems design.
Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
Skill in data analysis and organizing.
Skill in using computers and related software.
Ability to develop methods and procedures on new assignments.
Ability to review progress and evaluate results.
Ability to coach and train others.
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
Criminal Background Investigation This position does not require a Criminal Background Investigation
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* This position requires graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with major course work in a field related to Human Resource Development, plus five (5) years of experience in organizational development and training. A Master's degree may substitute for experience up to two (2) years. Experience may substitute for one (1) year of the required education up to a maximum of four (4) years substitution. Do you meet the minimum qualifications for this position?
(Open Ended Question)
* Describe in detail the largest event you have planned, coordinated, and executed. Include the purpose of the event, how many people, and advertising used to promote the event.
(Open Ended Question)
* Do you have experience collaborating internally and externally to conduct comprehensive needs assessments for the development of training programs? Please describe in detail.
(Open Ended Question)
* Please describe any work or lived experience that demonstrates your cultural competency and experience achieving cultural equity policies/outcomes.
(Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Cover Letter Resume Optional Documents
|Employer||City of Austin, TX|