|Job type||Full Time|
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
Associate's degree, plus one (1) year of public event or other related experience.
Completion of thirty (30) semester college hours may substitute for one (1) year of the required education with a maximum substitution of two (2) years.
Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of two (2) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
Appropriate level of driver's license as specified for the individuals job.
Notes to Applicants
The Facility Services Representative will provide information, instruction, and assistance to clients and visitors for public and private events at Austin Public Library locations. This position will assist with load-in and load-outs of event equipment, monitor parking entry and exit points, and address client and attendee parking and directional questions. This position is responsible for providing high-level customer service to staff, clients, and visitors.
NOTES TO APPLICANTS :
If you are selected for this position, and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program,
you may drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.
$15.91 - $18.77
Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Job Close Date
Type of Posting External
Department Austin Public Library
Grant Funded or Pooled Position Not Applicable
Location All Austin Public Library Locations
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Assists clients with move-in and move-out activities.
2. Communicates and works with Event Coordinator regarding status of event, event changes, special client/event needs, etc.
4. Monitors facility entry and exit points.
3. Performs facility lock-down when necessary.
4. Perform security and safety services.
5. Monitors and performs security and fire systems.
6. Coordinates emergency response including evacuation process.
7. Answers visitor/client questions and provide assistance.
8. Observes and enforces department/facility safety and operational policies and procedures
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Acts as point of contact for department/facility in absence of Facility Services Representative
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Knowledge of facility and event coordination.
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws.
Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures.
Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
Skill in using computer and related software.
Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
Skill in planning and organizing.
Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public
Criminal Background Investigation This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
The City of Austin will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation. In addition, the City will not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of an individual's AIDS , AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; nor will the City discriminate against individuals who are perceived to be at risk of HIV infection, or who associate with individuals who are believed to be at risk.
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* This position requires an associate's degree, plus one (1) year of public event or other related experience. A completion of thirty (30) semester college hours may substitute for one (1) year of the required education with a maximum substitution of two (2) years. Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of two (2) years. Do you meet these minimum qualifications?
(Open Ended Question)
* This job requires standing for long periods and walking throughout the parking garage ramps (which have a varied grade to survey space availability). Are you able to perform these functions with or without an accommodation?
(Open Ended Question)
* Do you have the ability to travel to multiple sites as part of the regular job duties?
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Resume Optional Documents Cover Letter
|Employer||City of Austin, TX|