Pay Range: $110,000- $125,000
Job Posting Closing on: Thursday, May 26, 2022
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Business Process Manager job is available with The City of Fort Worth Development Services Department. The Development Services Department seeks to make Fort Worth the most livable city in Texas by promoting orderly growth and development, safe construction and neighborhood vitality. To do this we are looking for a Business Process Manager over our multifaceted Strategic Operations section.
This position and the teams it manages are charged with three main responsibilities. The first is managing the department's development records management software, Accela, and the department's technology team purchasing and procurement functions. The second is capturing, tracking, and forecasting of strategic Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) that largely come from Accela for the department and partner department processes as they relate to private development. The third is undertaking Business Process Improvement (BPI) initiatives based on the KPI results, customer/ stakeholder feedback, and city staff feedback.
The Business Process Manager job responsibilities include:
- Lead, direct, train, motivate, coordinate, and set goals and objectives for the section and then develop strategies to reach the goals and objectives that drive results.
- Manage Accela development records and workflows which are utilized by multiple departments including DSD, Water, TPW, Fire, Code, and PARD. This position will supervise the process and employees to ensure all records are accurate, they capture data essential for the development process, and that the workflows function as needed to support the development process
- Oversees the Accela record and workflow design related to the development process by collecting feedback from the end users to either make database design recommendations or work with IT Solutions and various outside vendors (Accela, sCube, Alex Solutions, etc) to test and implement process improvements
- Collaborate within and with other departments to collect and compile KPI, operational, and financial data; and then prepare reports on the data, which are distributed to senior leadership and other key City stakeholders
- Promote BPI initiatives to reduce delays and waste, attract development, and maintain reputation for the City of Forth Worth as a good business partner for developers and property owners
- Evaluate the quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and effectiveness of the team; work with co-workers on the continuous improvement of the team; responsible for making the team more effective
- Assist in the creation and implementation of the department's business plan's and strategic plan's goals and objectives; implement approved policies and procedures
- Participates in the preparation and administration of program budget; submits budget recommendations; monitors expenditures
- Perform administrative personnel duties including hiring, training, conducting performance evaluations, working with staff to correct deficiencies, and implement discipline procedures
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Analytics, Management Information Systems, Business or a related business process field
- Five (5) years of increasing responsible experience in communications, security and/or computer operations, plus two (2) years of administrative and supervisory responsibility.
- Valid Texas Driver's License
Conditions of Employment
- Understanding of the development process, including demonstrated knowledge of the various municipal and other regulatory requirements
- Ability quickly analyzing a program demands and determining potential streamline enhancements.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or higher
- Understanding of the PMBOK, an industry-recognized project management standard
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams.
- Aptitude for quickly analyzing a program demands and determining potential streamline enhancements.
- Excellent customer service and written / oral communication skills
- Excellent leadership, empathy and interpersonal skills
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Proficient in Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping tools
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite including OneNote and SharePoint
- Proficient in Visio and Accela Automation
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Thursday, May 26, 2022