Pay Range: $42,755 - $53,444 annual salary
Job Posting Closing on: Thursday, May 26, 2022
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Assistant Golf Professional job is available with the City of Fort Worth Park & Recreation Department. We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated Assistant Golf Professional to assist with leading the inside and outside golf staff at Rockwood Golf Course. Rockwood Golf Course is a 18 hole golf facility with a driving range and practice facility. Rockwood Golf Course was renovated and reopened in 2017 and has consistently been ranked one of the best golf courses in Tarrant County since being reopened. The facility has a very active tee sheet and tournament schedule.
This position will require working some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The Assistant Golf Professional job responsibilities include:
- Lead and oversee golf staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and participating in the daily golf facility activities including golf shop operations, customer service, tournament play and facility promotion techniques.
- Assist in golf facility management and activities, continuously monitors and evaluates the quality, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of assigned golfing programs, service methods, and procedures;
- Work with employees on the continuous improvement of golf facility services.
- Collects payments for services and merchandise; maintains and balances register amounts, assists in depositing daily revenue and conducts opening or closing pro shop register procedures.
- Executes opening and closing procedures; arming and disengaging alarm system; and unlocking and locking doors.
- Manages daily records of player names, cart numbers, and related data. Maintains merchandise levels within the golf shop; participates in marketing and displaying golfing merchandise;
- Assist the Golf Professional and administration with purchase orders, inventory counts and communicating with vendors.
- Actively participates in monthly spending plan development and analysis; yearly spending plan creation; and yearly budget research and development.
- Assists in coordination of a range of activities designed to promote and encourage golf course play and a greater understanding of the game.
- Provides lessons to interested individuals. Supervises tasks of golf cart maintenance personnel, as well as all seasonal golf shop employees.
- This position also assists with outside staff and food and beverage operations.
- Assumes additional responsibilities in absence of the Golf Professional. Performs related duties
- High School Diploma or GED with specialized training in the game of golf.
- One (1) year of directly related experience in golf and retail operations.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Professional Golf Association of America, Class "A" certification or registered in the PGA PGM Program and successfully passed level 1
Conditions of Employment
- Previous experience at a public/municipal golf facility
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with the GHIN and tournament software program is preferred as well as point of sale golf software.
- Excellent customer service skills as well as experience in conducting small and large tournaments, knowledge of golf software as well as GHIN and TPP is helpful.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Thursday, May 26, 2022